After a few failed attempts at making the perfect Pumpkin Spice Doughnut with Cream Cheese Glaze Recipe for this fall season, I finally managed to create the perfect baked good. The first doughnut attempt was incredibly moist and fell apart instantly.
The second doughnut attempt was too dense. As for the third doughnut attempt, it was cakey and soft with the right amount of pumpkin spice flavor to it. Trust me when I say that this recipe will have your friends and family craving for more (I know I had to stop myself from finishing the entire batch).
Hope you all enjoy! And happy Halloween!
Pumpkin Spice Doughnut with Cream Cheese Glaze Recipe
- ½ cup (64g) cake flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut or brown sugar
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup room temp. Nondairy milk
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp room temp. vegan cream cheese (I used Tofutti's Better Than Cream Cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Combine your dry ingredients in one bowl, and wet ingredients in another.
- Slowly pour in the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag (a Ziploc bag works as well) and carefully pipe the mixture into your greased doughnut pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Once finished, let it cool for at least 15-20 minutes so the glaze won't melt off.
- Mix all ingredients for the glaze.
- Now the fun part! Dip the bottom side of the doughnut into the glaze mixture.
- Finally, chill the doughnuts in the fridge for 10 minutes, and enjoy!
// PIN IT //