Apple Strudel Pockets are my go-to dessert, this recipe is very simple to make and you can enjoy them within 30 minutes. I also made similar Apple Turnovers a while back, which are just as delicious but require a few additional steps.
I used two puff pastry sheets for this Apple Strudel Pockets recipe. The sheets should be stored in the fridge and not the freezer the day you’re going to make the Apple Strudel Pockets.
To make it easier, I captured all the steps for you below. Hope you enjoy the recipe & share it with your friends and loved ones.
Apple Strudel Pockets
To get bigger pockets out of my sheets I rolled the puff pastry out until I had about a 12″ square. Place parchment paper underneath before you start rolling or the sheets will be sticking way too much.
My pizza cutter is one of those tools that I frequently use in the kitchen. I use mine to cut the puff pastry, my children’s pancakes (so they have small bites) or to trim off the crust when I make PB & J’s for my little ones. And my silicon baking mat is also very handy.
Next, I added about one tablespoon of diced & peeled apples to each pocket, then sprinkled them with 1/4 tsp. of organic brown sugar, a pinch of cinnamon & nutmeg, and topped all apple strudel pockets with 1/2 tsp of butter.
I used the second pastry sheet to cover the pockets. The sheet was rolled them out as I did with the first sheet and then cut it into 4 squares.
With the pizza cutter, I made 3-4 sideway ventilation cuts. To lift the puff pastry without ripping at the cuts, peel the corner in the direction of which the cuts go.
Lay the pastry sheet’s on top of the pockets & seal each Apple strudel pocket by pressing the end of a fork along the edges.
I order to achieve that crisp and golden brown puff pastry look, brush each pocket with an egg-white wash. To make the apple strudel pockets even yummier, I sprinkled some brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
Now it’s time to bake them at 375˚ for 20-22 minutes.
While they were baking, I made a Vanilla glaze (you can find the recipe below).
Apple Strudel Pocket – Recipe
- 1 apple (peeled and diced)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg white
- [br]Vanilla Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the over to 375˚.
- Peel and dice the apple.
- Roll both puff pastry sheets out until you have a 12″ square, cut both sheets into 4 squares.
- Add 1 tbsp apple’s to 4 of the puff pastry squares, sprinkle them with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and top with butter.
- Cut 3-4 ventilation cuts into the remaining puff pastry squares. Cover the pockets and seal them by pressing the end of a fork along the edges.
- To achieve a nice golden brown crust, give each pocket an egg-white wash and sprinkle the remaining sugar and cinnamon over them.
- Place parchment paper or a silicon baking mat on your sheet and bake the pockets for 20-22 minutes at 375˚, or until golden brown.
- Make the vanilla glaze while everything is baking.
- Add the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract to a small bowl and mix together with an electric mixer or by hand.
- Ones the pockets are done let them cool for a few minutes before you add the glaze.
- Enjoy the Apple strudel pockets while still warm with a scoop of ice cream topped with whipped cream.
Shop everything you need to make this recipe:
You might also like: