Brooches are simply beautiful, don’t you agree? I found a few vintage brooches from my mom last weekend, while going though some old boxes …which inspired me for today’s Branch Brooch DIY. Hope you enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 1 antique brass branch
- 6″ – 8″ antique brass chain
- 2 antique brass headpins
- 2 crystals or regular beads 4-5mm
- 1 brooch back
- 1 lace bow
- 1 jump ring 5mm
- 1 mum 10mm
- E6000 glue or a glue-gun with clear glue
- pliers to assemble this project
- First you want to glue your brooch back, lace bow and mum onto your branch (if you are using the E6000, make sure to let it dry 24h) with a glue gun the cure time is about 30 min. This took the longest because of the cure time, so I glued everything together before going to bed and started with step 2 in the morning.
- decorate your branch in any way you like
Now, since this was so simple I would love to have a little competition going. You may pin your own handmade brooch (any style) onto my Brooch Competition Board and tag it with #greatbrooch #blog.bjohnsonjewelry.com. The winner will be announced at the end of the month and will get a box of supplies from JBBead.