Lately I have tried my hands on shells and corals, my friend Erika is a very creative artist an makes beautiful beach luminaries out of sea treasuries, you can see some of her work, here. One day she asked me to make her a pair of shell earrings, she provided me the shells and I made her this super cute Shell earring. Since I love DIY’s I thought my readers may love this one too?! Hope you do, let’s get started!!!
What you’ll need:
- 2x 5″ inches of 18-20 Gauge silver wire
- Jeweler’s pin vise fits
- 2 ear wire
2. slide one shell to the middle of your 18 or 20 gauge wire
3. bent your wire at the center, this is easily done with two fingers.
4. leave about 0.5″ inches on each end, you will need this part of the wire next!
5. fold one end back down (see image)
6. use your pliers to create a loop on the other end of the wire
7. one end needs to point to your left, and the one with the loop should point toward you
8. grab your loop with a nose pinch pliers, and bent its end toward you
9. bent the other end around the wire as shown in the image
10. finished wire loop
Enjoy your new earring, I bet Erika will!