A couple of days ago, while planning a meal out of all leftover ingredients we had in the fridge. I realized we still had some zucchini, I immediately thought of my moms recipe “fried zucchini”. I used to love this snack/side dish as a kid, but haven’t had them in years. I have to say, I got excited making it and I love to share this simple recipe with you today.
Let’s get choppin’…
These are the things you will need:
Start by cutting your zucchini in thin slices
lay them out on your cutting board so you can season them with salt and pepper, if you like things spicy you can also add chilli powder or any other spices.
make sure you get both sides!
Now get some canola oil hot in a medium size pan and start with the egg/flour coating
fry them about 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown. When they are done, lay them on a cooling rack with some paper towel underneath so all the oil can be soaked off.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- 1 small to medium size zucchini
- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour
- salt & pepper
- ½ cup canola oil
- Wash your zucchini thoroughly, and cut the zucchini in 5mm slices. Lay them out on a clean surface and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the canola oil in a medium size pan and coat the zucchini slices in your egg and flour (you can coat your zucchini- flour, egg, flour or just egg, flour).
- Add each slice carefully to the hot oil and fry each side for about a minute or until golden brown.
- When they are nice and crispy, lay them on a cooling rack with some paper towels so the remaining oil can be soaked up.