Step by step instructions:
- 4 cups prepared fruit (buy about 4 pt. fully ripe strawberries)
- 3 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
- 1 box SURE-JELL For Less or No Sugar Needed Recipes Premium Fruit Pectin
- 1 cup water
- Clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Measure exactly 4 cups crushed strawberries into large bowl.
- Mix sugar and pectin in large saucepan. Stir in water. Bring to boil on medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Add ½ teaspoon butter or margarine to reduce foaming. Add strawberries; bring mixture to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Fill all containers immediately to within ⅛ inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Place jar into a pot of warm water, add boiling water if needed. Cover; bring water to a gental boil. Process jams 10 minutes. Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool completely (at least 24h). After jars have cooled, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger (if your lid springs back, it is not sealed properly and refrigeration is necessary).