The modern shapes in jewelry seem to be very appealing this summer, so I thought this fun and easy to make triangle paper necklace would be the right contribution for my today’s DIY.
Here are the things you’ll need:
(scissors, plain greeting card, glue, 1ft ball chain + connector, jump rings, pencil colors, modpodge and a hole puncher)
1. Start by applying glue to the inside of your plain greeting card (Avery Textured Half-Fold Greeting Cards)
2. Fold the card in the middle, and press together. Let the card dry for a few minutes.
3. pick your favorite colors, and start coloring enough space to cover 3-4 pieces per color.
4. use 2 drops of modpodge on each colored area to seal them, which will make your necklace last longer.
5. spread the modpodge over the colored area with a piece of card-stock paper, to give it a smooth finish.
6. cut out 3-4 triangles per color
7. you’ll need a total of 9 triangles for your necklace
8. punch a hole into each corner, except the last 2 triangles, they need only two holes.
9. lay out your triangles and start connecting them.
10. close your chain with a ball chain connector, and you’re all done.
Make sure to comment me with images, to my facebook if you are trying this necklace out! Would love to see it in different colors as well.