Hello, lovelies! Today I’ll be sharing my “DIY Allowance Storage Box” with you, which I made for my daughter’s allowance. I started giving her small chores like helping me vacuum, watering plants, cleaning her room on a daily basis and folding her laundry. I believe that starting her early will only make it easier later.
Allowance Storage Box
- Wooden box
- 1 lock
- 2 floral hinges
- Silk flower
- hot glue gun
- white, pink & turquoise acrylic paint
- paint brushes
- dish to mix colors
SHOP THE SUPPLIES
- To receive a mint color I used some white acrylic with 1-2 drops of turquoise.
- Coat the entire outside of the wooden box and let dry.
- Add 1 to 2 more drops to the remaining white to darken the mint mixture. I used a slightly darker mint to coat the lid.
- Once everything is dry, I screwed on the lock and the hinges.
- To paint the inside I used some white and 1-2drops of pink.
- Lastly, I hot-glued a silk leaf and flower on the lid
TIP: do not close the box until the paint is fully dried, or it might stick together and you won’t be able to open it again without damaging the box.
// PIN IT //